Oil /Gas Burner Technical Support Specialist
Carlin Combustion Technology, Inc. is looking for an experienced Technical Support Specialist to work at our manufacturing facility in North Haven, CT.
- Answers customer inquiries, usually by telephone, regarding product specifications, set-up, features, capabilities and capacities.
- Troubleshoots field problems via tech service hotline.
- Maintains customer inquiry records.
- Provides customers with product set up information usually via fax or email.
- May provide field service to customer.
- Performs laboratory application testing.
- Set-up apparatus and conduct combustion tests on prototype and production oil and gas burners.
- Creates formal test reports.
- Sends out sales literature as requested.
- Analyzes burner and component warranty returns.
- May perform other miscellaneous duties as needed.
- Occasional heavy lifting required
- Two year technical degree or equivalent experience
- In depth, hands-on experience with the set-up and operation of oil burners, gas burners, boilers, furnaces and water heaters.
- General knowledge of microsoft office.
- Must deal professionally and effectively with company and customer contacts.
- Familiarity with combustion analyzer and other test equipment.
Carlin Combustion offers competitive wage and benefits package including company matching 401k. Criminal background and drug screening is part of the application process.